How to Win at Solitaire Blitz
PopCap’s Solitaire Blitz (SB) is a fun and simple version of the original card game. Aimed at the casual gaming crowd, the game focuses more on ranks instead of suits and colors. All you have to do is play those that are higher or lower in rank than the card on the build pile.
In SB, players can compete against their friends’ score in their bid to top the online leaderboard. Also, the “20,000 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea” look and feel makes the game even more attractive. The treasure hunting twist and the impressive nautical artwork are some aspects to look out for.
It’s not chance that helps your score points; there’s also some strategy required to win. Here are some tips, hints and tricks to get your card matches straight and score more points in Solitaire Blitz.
How to Play?1. You have some stacks, a deck to draw cards and a build pile where all higher and lower ranked cards get moved onto the build pile(s). You don’t have to play the ranked cards in ascending or descending order. Any card from the stacks can be played in any order, only condition is that the card’s rank has to be one higher or one lower than the rank on the build pile(s). Also, there is no color or suit matching hassles.
2. In SB, a total of 67 cards are dealt out to make 7 stacks. The rest 41 cards form the pile where players can draw card (s) in case they don’t find a high or low ranked card within those stacks. While drawing cards, they should remember that the 41 card pile can be used only once.
3. The game has a 60 second time limit. When the game starts, the top card from the draw pile is revealed and placed on the build pile. This triggers the timer. Players will have to empty cards from the 7 stacks within the one minute time limit. The more cards get moved onto the pile, the more they score.
Example: If the top card of the build pile is 7 spades, and suppose the stack has 8 hearts or 6 clubs, the player can click on any of these cards to move it onto the build deck. This also applies for all cards, including Kings, Queens, Jacks and Aces. Players have a double advantage with Aces, which can be moved onto pile(s) containing Twos or Kings. The game will end once you the timer runs down, or when the player does not have any more moves.
When Do You Earn Bonus Points?There are several card “combos” that earn you bonus points. Here are some combos:
Bonus points are earned when three build piles display cards having the same rank (example 3 3 3)
You can earn points when all three build piles display K, Q and J.
You also earn bonus points with just two ranks, but you will have a play at least 6 in a row (example: 8 9 8 9 8 9)
Bonus points are earned when the cards are moved in descending or ascending ranks.
Solitaire Blitz Strategies to Win LevelsBefore we delve deeper into some key scoring tips, we will first try to understand the various prerequisites that help a player’s score. But first the key scoring factors:
A player scores points for every correct move. Points are earned for every card moved onto the build pile.
Points are also scored for every playing card left in the draw pile. You also score points for the time left this happens after you win the game by clearing all 7 stacks before the timer ends.
Another factor that earns you points is stack clearing. Get rid of all playing cards from a stack to earn more points. The more stacks you get rid of, the more points you earn.
Players earn more points for every run. A “run” happens when a player moves multiple cards from the stacks onto the build pile. This should occur in a row, which means a player should play multiple cards without trying any wrong moves or moving a card from the draw pile.
You earn an extra 1000 points per card when you move four cards onto the pile in rapid succession. When you play the fourth card on a row, without clicking on any wrong card or drawing cards from the draw pile, you earn bonus points.
A card played or any cards left in the draw pile (in case you win) are eligible for “card multipliers”. Simply speaking, a card multiplier works like a score multiplier and multiplies points by 1, 2, 4, 5 and more. A multiplier is earned if you find a fish, which randomly appears while playing. Alternatively, you get fish when you perform a run. Every fish you get earns you a multiplier that multiples your card points by 2, 3 up to 9.
How to Score More Points?
Dexterity and some strategy are important elements to score more in Solitaire Blitz. You will need to play quick before the timer runs out. You will also have to keep a track on cards to make a long run. Here are some more tips:
1. Before clicking on a card to move it onto the build pile, take a look around other 6 stacks and check whether there are cards that can be played on the run.
Example: Suppose the build pile has a 10 spades and the top cards of the stacks are 9 hearts, 8 clubs, 9 clubs and 10 diamonds. You can clearly see a chance to make a run, or at least speed bursts. What you will do is move 9 clubs (or 9 hearts) onto the build pile, and then click on 10 diamonds, 9 hearts and 8 clubs on a row to increase your score. (This is only an example, there might be other ranked cards, but I hope you’ve understood the logic).
2. Sometimes when there’s no card to play, there will be a small glow around the draw tile, giving you a hint to draw a new card.
3. Never miss on a long run, because it will give to plenty of points. Also, chances of small bursts that allow players to play 4 cards give around 1000 points per card once the fourth card is clicked.
4. Keep your stacks balanced. This will definitely give you a better chance to clear all of them at the last moment. A part of this strategy is to play cards from stacks that have more playing cards than the ones that have few. While playing, don’t end up with one very long stack, it dampens the chances of clearing all stacks at the end.
5. Take advantage of “Time Lines”. A time line is a thick yellow line that appears behind those seven stacks. You will have to click on all the face up cards that stand above this time line to gain an additional 20 second bonus time. This increases your time limit and gives you more chance to score.
6. Always try to make long runs. Remember that you get a multiplier for clicking 10 cards in a row. This has to be done without clicking on the wrong cards or any card from the draw pile. Every 10 clicks on a row earns you a score multiplier, which multiplies your card points by 2, 3 4 up to 9. (To learn more about bonus points, check out the blue tip box in this section)
Hints and TricksClear stacks to uncover hidden treasures, which can be anything from rare antiques to crabs to conch shells and sparkling gems. These treasures are kept hidden behind stacks and if you clear any stack, you “unlock” a treasure, which is quickly turned into Silver. You can buy boosters using the Silver earned.